This flavoursome vegan laksa has the goodness of 5 veg, with a spice kick to boot! Our Australia’s Own Organic Coconut Milk balances the spice with a delicious coconutty creaminess.
To save time during the week, pre-cut the veggies, pre-cook the tofu and store. Then on the night of, simply follow the other instructions for a quick, nutritious dinner!
Pumpkin & Tofu Laksa
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 230g jar laksa paste
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 litre Australia’s Own Coconut Milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 500g peeled pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 375g rice stick noodles
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 5mm slices
- 200g snow peas, ends trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 2 limes, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 2 green onions, trimmed, thinly shredded
- 1 long red chilli, sliced (or more, depending on your personal preference)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add laksa paste and ginger and cook, stirring for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the pumpkin, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pumpkin is just tender.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside to soak for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, drain again. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook tofu for 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Add the snow peas and juice of 2 limes to the laksa. Return to the boil.
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Ladle over pumpkin laksa. Top with tofu, coriander, green onion and red chilli. Serve with extra lime wedges.