Winter is almost upon us, so it’s the perfect time for an indulgent, comforting pasta dish like this one!
Our Australia’s Own Whipping Cream creates a delicious creamy sauce, without being too heavy or rich.
Tuck in and enjoy!
Creamy Chicken, Mushroom and Leek Pasta
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 400g pappardelle pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 small chicken breast fillets
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, cut into 5mm rounds
- 50g pancetta, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 20g butter
- 200g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g brown button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 x 200ml Australia’s Own Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup sage leaves (see tip)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Cook pappardelle following packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1-2 cups of pasta water. Return pappardelle to pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and thinly slice.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in the same pan over high heat. Cook leek rounds for 2 minutes each side until lightly charred. Remove from pan. Add pancetta and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in the same pan until butter has melted. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until mushrooms are brown. Add mustard and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of the hot reserved pasta water to mushroom mixture, stir to combine. Return chicken and leek to pan and add whipping cream. Simmer for 1 minute, until thickened slightly, adding more pasta water if needed, to make a thick sauce.
- Pour sauce over pappardelle and toss gently to combine. Divide between serving bowls, scatter over pancetta, garlic and sage.
Cooks tip – for crisp sage leaves, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in small pan over high heat. Cook sage leaves for 5 seconds each side, until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.